Table of contents
About this book
Personal Experience with Active Cultural Heritage, PEACH, is a large, interdisciplinary development project that explores the use of novel technologies for physical museum visits. Led by teams from ITC-irst, Trento and DFKI, Saarbrücken, the research is at the forefront of work on intelligent user interfaces, but also covers other areas of artificial intelligence, microsystems and human-computer interaction.
This book is structured into 13 chapters, including reports on mobile guides, infrastructure and user modeling, the use of stationary devices, collaborative storytelling, 3D modelling, evaluation and usability, and future perspectives.
The book editors and authors are leading experts on the underlying AI technologies and their application, and no other book has comparable technical insight and breadth. It represents a coherent survey of the relevant technologies and environment, and will be of benefit to AI researchers engaged with interface design, and practitioners in the area of cultural heritage support and marketing.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/3-540-68755-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-68754-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-68755-9
- Series Print ISSN 1611-2482
- Buy this book on publisher's site