About this book
Spin glass theory is going through a stunning period of progress while finding exciting new applications in areas beyond theoretical physics, in particular in combinatorics and computer science. This collection of state-of-the-art review papers written by leading experts in the field covers the topic from a wide variety of angles. The topics covered are mean field spin glasses, including a pedagogical account of Talagrand's proof of the Parisi solution, short range spin glasses, emphasizing the open problem of the relevance of the mean-field theory for lattice models, and the dynamics of spin glasses, in particular the problem of ageing in mean field models.
The book will serve as a concise introduction to the state of the art of spin glass theory, usefull to both graduate students and young researchers, as well as to anyone curious to know what is going on in this exciting area of mathematical physics.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/3-540-40902-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-40902-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-40908-3
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8434
- Series Online ISSN 1617-9692
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking