About this book
This book presents a collection of 31 revised reviewed papers developed from contributions presented at the International Workshop on Future Directions in Distributed Computing, held in Bertinoro, Italy in June 2002. Also included are 7 particularly commissioned invited papers to round the coverage of relevant topics and four section surveys.
The papers are organized in topical sections on foundations of distributed systems, exploring next-generation communication infrastrucutures and applications, challenges in distributed information and data management, and challenges and opportunities in applications of distributed computing technologies. All in all, the book is a unique account and proposed agenda of issues to be addressed in future research in distributed computing.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/3-540-37795-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-00912-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-37795-5
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349
- Buy this book on publisher's site