About this book
This comprehensive two-volume textbook presents the whole area of Partial Differential Equations - of the elliptic, parabolic, and hyperbolic type - in two and several variables. Special emphasis is put on the connection of PDEs and complex variable methods.
In this first volume the following topics are treated: Integration and differentiation on manifolds, Functional analytic foundations, Brouwer's degree of mapping, Generalized analytic functions, Potential theory and spherical harmonics, Linear partial differential equations. While we solve the partial differential equations via integral representations in this volume, we shall present functional analytic solution methods in the second volume.
This textbook can be chosen for a course over several semesters on a medium level. Advanced readers may study each chapter independently from the others.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/3-540-34459-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-34457-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-34459-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site