About this book
This volume contains selected papers by Torben Krarup, one of the most important geodesists of the 20th century. His writings are mathematically well founded and scientifically relevant. In this impressive collection of papers he demonstrates his rare innovative ability to present significant topics and concepts. Modern students of geodesy can learn a lot from his selection of mathematical tools for solving actual problems.
The collection contains the famous booklet "A Contribution to the Mathematical Foundation of Physical Geodesy" from 1969, the unpublished "Molodenskij letters" from 1973, the final version of "Integrated Geodesy" from 1978, "Foundation of a Theory of Elasticity for Geodetic Networks" from 1974, as well as numerous trend setting papers on the theory of adjustment.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/3-540-33767-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-33765-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-33767-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site