Table of contents
About this book
Poromechanics is the mechanics of porous materials and is now a well established field in many engineering disciplines, ranging from Civil Engineering, Geophysics, Petroleum Engineering to Bioengineering. However, a rigorous approach that links the physics of the phenomena at stake in porous materials and the macroscopic behaviour is still missing. This book presents such an approach by means of homogenization techniques. Rigorously founded in various theories of micromechanics, these up scaling techniques are developed for the homogenization of transport properties, stiffness and strength properties of porous materials.
The special feature of this book is the balance between theory and application, providing the reader with a comprehensive introduction to state-of-the-art homogenization theories and applications to a large range of real life porous materials: concrete, rocks, shales, bones, etc.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/3-211-38046-9
- Copyright Information CISM, Udine 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Vienna
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-211-26362-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-211-38046-8
- Series Print ISSN 0254-1971
- Series Online ISSN 2309-3706
- Buy this book on publisher's site