About this book
Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the first time a mathematical theorem was proven by a computer system, Freek Wiedijk initiated the present book in 2004 by inviting formalizations of a proof of the irrationality of the square root of two from scientists using various theorem proving systems.
The 17 systems included in this volume are among the most relevant ones for the formalization of mathematics. The systems are showcased by presentation of the formalized proof and a description in the form of answers to a standard questionnaire. The 17 systems presented are HOL, Mizar, PVS, Coq, Otter/Ivy, Isabelle/Isar, Alfa/Agda, ACL2, PhoX, IMPS, Metamath, Theorema, Leog, Nuprl, Omega, B method, and Minlog.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/11542384
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-30704-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-32888-9
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349
- Buy this book on publisher's site