About this book
Conventional model-based data processing methods are computationally expensive and require experts’ knowledge for the modelling of a system; neural networks provide a model-free, adaptive, parallel-processing solution. Neural Networks in a Softcomputing Framework presents a thorough review of the most popular neural-network methods and their associated techniques.
This concise but comprehensive textbook provides a powerful and universal paradigm for information processing. Each chapter provides state-of-the-art descriptions of the important major research results of the respective neural-network methods. A range of relevant computational intelligence topics, such as fuzzy logic and evolutionary algorithms, are introduced. These are powerful tools for neural-network learning. Array signal processing problems are discussed in order to illustrate the applications of each neural-network model.
Neural Networks in a Softcomputing Framework is an ideal textbook for graduate students and researchers in this field because in addition to grasping the fundamentals, they can discover the most recent advances in each of the popular models. The systematic survey of each neural-network model and the exhaustive list of references will enable researchers and students to find suitable topics for future research. The important algorithms outlined also make this textbook a valuable reference for scientists and practitioners working in pattern recognition, signal processing, speech and image processing, data analysis and artificial intelligence.
- Book Title Neural Networks in a Softcomputing Framework
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/1-84628-303-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-84628-302-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-84996-574-3
- eBook ISBN 978-1-84628-303-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages L, 566
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Computation by Abstract Devices
Signal, Image and Speech Processing
- Buy this book on publisher's site