About this book
Cognitive Engineering: A Distributed Approach to Machine Intelligence explores the design issues of intelligent engineering systems. Beginning with the foundations of psychological modeling of the human mind, the main emphasis is given to parallel and distributed realization of intelligent models for application in reasoning, learning, planning and multi-agent co-ordination problems. The last two chapters provide case studies on human-mood detection and control, and behavioral co-operation of mobile robots. This is the first comprehensive text of its kind, bridging the gap between Cognitive Science and Cognitive Systems Engineering.
Each chapter includes plenty of numerical examples and exercises with sufficient hints, so that the reader can solve the exercises on their own. Computer simulations are also included in most chapters to give a clear idea about the application of the algorithms undertaken in the book. In addition, mathematical analysis on convergence and stability of the neuro-fuzzy models will enable the reader to pursue their research career in cognitive engineering.
Cognitive Engineering: A Distributed Approach to Machine Intelligence is unique in its theme and contents, and includes a Foreword by Professor Witold Pedrycz - written with graduates in mind, this book would also be a valuable resource for researchers in the fields of Cognitive Science, Computer Science and Cognitive Engineering.
- Book Title Cognitive Engineering
- Book Subtitle A Distributed Approach to Machine Intelligence
- Series Title Advanced Information and Knowledge Processing
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/1-84628-234-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-85233-975-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-84996-984-0
- eBook ISBN 978-1-84628-234-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 354
- Number of Illustrations 124 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Communications Engineering, Networks
Simulation and Modeling
Symbolic and Algebraic Manipulation
Algorithm Analysis and Problem Complexity
Models and Principles
- Buy this book on publisher's site