Table of contents
About this book
In recent decades, a comprehensive new framework for the theory and design of control systems has emerged. This framework is based on a radically different foundation from the conventional approach. It treats a range of significant and ubiquitous design problems, including those of critical systems, more effectively than the conventional framework. Control Systems Design brings together contributions from the originators of the new framework in which they explain, expand and revise their research work in the field with more recent and entirely novel material.
The book also demonstrates how the conventional design framework can be made more effective by the use of the principle of inequalities. It is divided into four parts:
• basic principles, including those of matching and inequalities with adjustments for robust matching and matching based on H-infinity methods and linear matrix inequalities;
• computational methods, including matching conditions for transient inputs and design of a sampled-data control system;
• search methods including search with simulated annealing, genetic algorithms and evaluation of the node array method;
• case studies, including applications in distillation, benchmarking critical control of magnetic levitation systems and the use of the principle of matching in cruise control.
This book will be of great interest to academics and institutional researchers in control system design and to those studying for higher degrees in this area.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Control Systems Design
- Book Subtitle A New Framework
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/1-84628-215-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-85233-913-5
- eBook ISBN 978-1-84628-215-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 398
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Control, Robotics, Mechatronics
Systems Theory, Control
- Buy this book on publisher's site