About this book
Problems in the motion control of aircraft are of perennial interest to the control engineer as they tend to be of complex and nonlinear nature.
Modelling and Control of Mini-Flying Machines is an exposition of models developed for various types of mini-aircraft:
• planar Vertical Take-off and Landing aircraft;
• quadrotor mini-rotorcraft;
• other fixed-wing aircraft;
For each of these it propounds:
• detailed models derived from Euler-Lagrange methods;
• appropriate nonlinear control strategies and convergence properties;
• real-time experimental comparisons of the performance of control algorithms;
• review of the principal sensors, on-board electronics, real-time architecture and communications systems for mini-flying machine control, including discussion of their performance;
• detailed explanation of the use of the Kalman filter to flying machine localization.
To researchers and students in nonlinear control and its applications Modelling and Control of Mini-Flying Machines provides valuable insights to the application of real-time nonlinear techniques in an always challenging area.
Advances in Industrial Control aims to report and encourage the transfer of technology in control engineering. The rapid development of control technology has an impact on all areas of the control discipline. The series offers an opportunity for researchers to present an extended exposition of new work in all aspects of industrial control.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/1-84628-179-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-85233-957-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-84628-179-2
- Series Print ISSN 1430-9491
- Series Online ISSN 2193-1577
- Buy this book on publisher's site