Table of contents
About this book
This second revised and updated edition provides an easily comprehensible and practicable framework for standardized histopathology reports in surgical cancer. It details the gross description, histological classification, tumor differentiation, extent of local tumor spread, involvement of lymphovascular channels, lymph nodes and excision margins of the common carcinomas and also summarizes non-carcinomatous malignancies.
The sixth edition TNM classification of cancers is incorporated, with comments on any associated pathology, diagnostic clues and prognostic criteria. Staging information is supplemented visually by line diagrams.
• Emphasizes those gross and histological features that are relevant to clinical management and prognosis
• Uses a systematic approach to surgical pathology specimens resulting in focused histopathology reports
• Lists useful ancillary techniques in diagnostic reporting
• Facilitates audit of pathological and surgical practice
The book complements several other important publications such as the Royal College of Pathologists Cancer Histopathology Data Sets, the sixth edition of the AJCC Cancer Staging Manual and WHO Classification of Tumours: Pathology and Genetics Blue Book and will be invaluable for histopathology residents and practitioners worldwide.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/1-84628-170-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-85233-960-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-84628-170-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site