About this book
In the field of landscape architecture, there is no more distinguished voice than Michael Van Valkenburgh, and it therefore seems appropriate that we begin this new Source Books in Landscape series with his recently completed Allegheny Riverfront Park project for Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. As part of the city’s efforts to restore its downtown district and riverfront, Van Valkenburgh, along with artists Ann Hamilton and Michael Mercil, developed an ambitious plan to reform the wasted land along the river into an urban refuge. The celebrated collaboration between landscape architect and artist produced a thoughtful, useful, and beautiful park that has successfully renewed the city’s core.
Source Books in Landscape Architecture, produced in collaboration with Ohio State University, will provide detailed documentation of important new projects, following its development from conception through completion using sketches, drawings, models, renderings, working drawings, and photographs.
- Book Title Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates
- Book Subtitle Allegheny Riverfront Park
- Series Title Source Books in Landscape Architecture
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/1-56898-662-9
- Copyright Information Princeton Architectural Press 2005
- Publisher Name Princeton Archit.Press
- eBook Packages Architecture and Design Engineering (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-56898-504-6
- eBook ISBN 978-1-56898-662-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages , 160
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site