Table of contents
About this book
Yorick Wilks is a central figure in the fields of Natural Language Processing and Artificial Intelligence. His influence has extends to many areas of these fields and includes contributions to Machine Translation, word sense disambiguation, dialogue modeling and Information Extraction.
This book celebrates the work of Yorick Wilks from the perspective of his peers. It consists of original chapters each of which analyses an aspect of his work and links it to current thinking in that area. His work has spanned over four decades but is shown to be pertinent to recent developments in language processing such as the Semantic Web.
This volume forms a two-part set together with Words and Intelligence I, Selected Works by Yorick Wilks, by the same editors.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/1-4020-5833-0
- Copyright Information Springer 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-5832-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-5833-2
- Series Print ISSN 1386-291X
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- IT & Software