About this book
At present where protein identification and characterisation using mass spectrometry is a method of choice, this book is presenting a review of basic proteomic techniques. The second part of the book is related to the novel high throughput protein identification technique called the 'molecular scanner'.
Several protein identification techniques are described, especially the peptide mass fingerprint with MALDI-MS based method. E.g. ionisation process, matrix available, signal reproducibility and suppression effect, as well as date treatment for protein identification using bioinformatics tools.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/1-4020-3319-2
- Copyright Information Springer 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-3318-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-3319-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site