About this book
Modern North American sturgeons and paddlefish are the result of 100 million years of evolution. Once an integral part of aboriginal culture, their numbers were decimated by overfishing and habitat destruction during the past two centuries.
This book details the extensive science aimed at helping these remarkable species recover from the brink of extinction, and describes the historical, biological, and ecological importance of North American sturgeon and paddlefish. The text is enhanced by photographs and detailed line drawings.
This comprehensive volume will be an invaluable resource for researchers, educators, and consultants, in academic and government settings, who work to further scientific understanding of these fishes. No other single compilation has documented current information in such detail.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/1-4020-2833-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science + Business Media, Inc. 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-2832-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-2833-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site