About this book
Dedicated to Anthony Joseph, this volume contains surveys and invited articles by leading specialists in representation theory. The focus here is on semisimple Lie algebras and quantum groups, where the impact of Joseph's work has been seminal and has changed the face of the subject.
Two introductory biographical overviews of Joseph's contributions in classical representation theory (the theory of primitive ideals in semisimple Lie algebras) and quantized representation theory (the study of the quantized enveloping algebra) are followed by 16 research articles covering a number of varied and interesting topics in representation theory.
Contributors: J. Alev; A. Beilinson; A. Braverman; I. Cherednik; J. Dixmier; F. Dumas; P. Etingof; D. Farkas; D. Gaitsgory; F. Ivorra; A. Joseph; D. Joseph; M. Kashiwara; D. Kazhdan; A.A. Kirillov; B. Kostant; S. Kumar; G. Letzter; T. Levasseur; G. Lusztig; L. Makar-Limanov; W. McGovern; M. Nazarov; K-H. Neeb; L.G. Rybnikov; P. Schapira; V. Schechtman; A. Sergeev; J.T. Stafford; Ya. Varshavsky; N. Wallach; and I. Waschkies.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/0-8176-4478-4
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Boston 2006
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Boston
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-0-8176-4342-3
- Online ISBN 978-0-8176-4478-9
- Series Print ISSN 0743-1643
- Series Online ISSN 2296-505X
- Buy this book on publisher's site