Table of contents
About this book
About the Series:
Advances in Biochemistry in Heath and Disease presents state-of-the-art discussions in cutting-edge biochemical research, offering exciting developments that impact healthcare and disease research. Volumes in the series focus on cross-disciplinary biomedical research and examine various topics in biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, and biomedicine.
Biochemistry of Atherosclerosis
Sukhinder Kaur Cheema
Biochemistry of Atherosclerosis examines atherosclerosis in great detail, focusing on the risk of atherosclerosis, and the biochemical pathways involved. It provides a breadth of knowledge as well as new insights into a variety of topics relating to atherosclerosis from leading scientists around the world who are at the forefront of atherosclerosis research. Biochemistry of Atherosclerosis is essential reading for biomedical and clinical researchers.
- Hyperlipidaemia and Atherosclerosis
- Diabetes Induced Atherosclerosis
- Hypertension Induced Atherosclerosis
- Homocysteine Metabolism and Atherosclerosis
- Role of the Immune System in Atherosclerosis
- Role of Infectious Agents in Atherogenesis
- Dietary Management of Aherosclerosis
About the Editor:
Sukhinder Kaur Cheema is currently Associate Professor of Biochemistry and a CIHR (Canadian Institutes of Health Research) New Investigator at the Memorial University of Newfoundland. An expert in nutritional biochemistry, lipid metabolism and cardiovascular disease, she is cross appointed in Faculty of Medicine at the Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/0-387-36279-3
- Copyright Information Springer 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-31252-1
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-36279-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site