About this book
Complementarity theory, a relatively new domain in applied mathematics, has deep connections with several aspects of fundamental mathematics and also has many applications in optimization, economics and engineering. The study of variational inequalities is another domain of applied mathematics with many applications to the study of certain problems with unilateral conditions. This book is the first to discuss complementarity theory and variational inequalities using Leray–Schauder type alternatives. The ideas and method presented in this book may be considered as a starting point for new developments.
This book is intended for researchers and advanced graduate students in optimization, applied nonlinear analysis, complementarity theory, the theory of variational inequalities, and operations research.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/0-387-32900-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-32898-0
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-32900-0
- Series Print ISSN 1571-568X
- Buy this book on publisher's site