About this book
Applied Semi-Markov Processes aims to give to the reader the tools necessary to apply semi-Markov processes in real-life problems. The book is self-contained and, starting from a low level of probability concepts, gradually brings the reader to a deep knowledge of semi-Markov processes. The book presents homogeneous and non-homogeneous semi-Markov processes, as well as Markov and semi-Markov rewards processes. These concepts are fundamental for many applications, but they are not as thoroughly presented in other books on the subject as they are here.
This book is intended for graduate students and researchers in mathematics, operations research and engineering; it might also appeal to actuaries and financial managers, and anyone interested in its applications for banks, mechanical industries for reliability aspects, and insurance companies.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/0-387-29548-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-29547-3
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-29548-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site