About this book
Perturbation theory, one of the most intriguing and essential topics in mathematics, and its applications to the natural and engineering sciences is the main focus of this workbook. In a systematic introductory manner, this unique book deliniates boundary layer theory for ordinary and partial differential equations, multi-timescale phenomena for nonlinear oscillations, diffusion and nonlinear wave equations. The book provides analysis of simple examples in the context of the general theory, as well as a final discussion of the more advanced problems. Precise estimates and excursions into the theoretical background makes this workbook valuable to both the applied sciences and mathematics fields. As a bonus in its last chapter the book includes a collection of rare and useful pieces of literature, such as the summary of the Perturbation theory of Matrices.
Detailed illustrations, stimulating examples and exercises as well as a clear explanation of the underlying theory makes this workbook ideal for senior undergraduate and beginning graduate students in applied mathematics as well as science and engineering fields.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/0-387-28313-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-22966-9
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-28313-5
- Series Print ISSN 0939-2475
- Buy this book on publisher's site