A Monochromatic Soft X-ray Generation from Femtosecond Laser-produced Plasma with Aluminum
- 28 Downloads
A tabletop ultrafast soft x-ray has been generated from the laser-produce plasma with a femtosecond pulsed Ti:Sapphire laser. The estimated total flux of Al Kα is of 2.2 × 109 photons/sec in 4π radian and the parameters related to the optical performance were obtained. The tungsten/silicon multilayer, flat quartz and bent thallium acid phthalate (TLAP) crystal were used for monochromatization of soft x-ray to refine the aluminum Kα radiation and compared the respective value of E/ΔE. To estimate the size of the x-ray source beam generated by a fs laser, the approximation using the FWHM obtained from the x-ray beam scan near the focal point was discussed, and the size of the diameter was about 9.76 μm.
KeywordsSoft x-ray XRD Femtosecond laser Monochromatic Aluminum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. J. Milne, T. J. Penfold and M. Chergui, Coord. Chem. Rev. 44, 277 (2014).Google Scholar
- J. Gustafson, M. Shipilin, C. Zhang, A. Stierle, U. Hejral et al., Science 10, 1126 (2014).Google Scholar
- H. Nakano, Y. Goto, P. Lu, T. Nishikawa and N. Uesugi, Appl. Phys. Lett. 75, 18 (1999).Google Scholar
- F. L. Pedrotti, S. J., Leno S. Pedrotti and L. M. Pedrotti, Introduction to optics, 3rd (2006), Ch. 3.Google Scholar
- A. C. Thompson, D. T. Attwood, E. M. Gullikson, M. R. Howells, J. B. Kortright et al., X-ray data booklet, LBNL/PUB-490 (2001), Rev. 2, Table 1 - 3.Google Scholar