A Technique for Shortening Landing Run Distance of an Aircraft by Symmetrical Deflection of Split Elevator and Rudder
- 11 Downloads
In this work, we investigate an application of symmetrical deflection of the split elevators and rudder up to 45 degrees to function as air-brakes during landing run for shortening its distance. A computational analysis for the landing run under standard atmospheric conditions is conducted. The effect of the proposed solution on the aircraft structure and performance was studied.
Keywordslanding run shortening takeoff and landing performance elevator rudder
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Varsegov, V.L., Integral Method for Calculating a Turbofan Engine Thrust Reverser Jet Interacting with an External Stream, Izv. Vus. Av. Tekhnika, 2010, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 63–67. [Russian Aeronautics (Engl. Transl.), vol. 53. no 2. pp. 212–220].Google Scholar
- 2.Spoilers. Helpix.Org–Online Assistant, URL: http://helpiks.org/3-6079.html.Google Scholar
- 3.Landing the Space Shuttle, URL: http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/167415main_LandingatKSC-08.pdf.Google Scholar
- 4.Mnogorazovyi orbital’nyj korabl’ OK-92, stavshii Buranom (Reusable Orbital Spaceships OS-92 became Buran), URL: http://www.buran.ru/htm/ok-92.htm.Google Scholar
- 5.Bochkarev, A.F., Andreevskii, V.V., Belokonov, V.M., Klimov, V.I., and Turapin, V.M., Aeromekhanika samoleta (Aircraft Aeromechanics), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1985.Google Scholar
- 6.Behtir, V.P., Prakticheskaya aerodinamika samoleta Il-86 (Il-86 Aircraft Performance), Ulyanovsk: Tsentr GA SEV, 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.Alyamovskii, A.A., SolidWorks Simulation, Kak reshat’ prakticheskie zadachi (SolidWorks Simulation. How to Solve Practical Problems), Saint Petersburg: BHV-Peterburg, 2012.Google Scholar