Optimal materials for the manufacture of metal-cutting machines
- 27 Downloads
With the goal of improving machine-tool design, attention focuses on the possibility of manufacturing the components of metal-cutting machines from effective new nonmetallic materials that not only meet all the current requirements on such machines but also in most cases improve their performance. The best results are obtained with metal–concrete structures in which the nonmetallic binder consists of modified cement with chemically active additives. Results from materials science are compared with multiyear production tests of metal-cutting machines based on metal–concrete components, which are characterized by stable performance over time. On that basis, an effective new approach is proposed for the modernization of machine tools at the end of their effective working life, without replacing the fundamental structures. The design of the basic structures is analyzed. The production of metal–concrete components in a specialized department of the manufacturing plant is recommended.
Keywordslathes metal–concrete structures basic elements precision vibrodynamic characteristics composites
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Betonnye konstruktsii mashin i oborudovaniya (Concrete Constructions of Machines and Equipment), Brailovskii, M.I., Ed., Moscow: Nauchno-Issled., Proekt.-Konstr. Tekhnol. Inst. Betona Zhelezobetona, 1990.Google Scholar
- 2.Brailovskii, M.I. and Zil’berberg, A.S., Primenenie zhelezobetona v Mashinostroenie: uchebnoe posobie (Implementation Reinforced Concrete in Machine Engineering: Manual), Nizhny Novgorod: Inst. Povysheniya Kvalifikatsii Rukovod. Rabotikov Spets. Stroit. Proizvod., 1992.Google Scholar
- 3.Brailovskii, M.I., Rekomendatsii po proektirovaniyu bazovykh detalei stanochnogo oborudovaniya i opornykh konstruktsii pod bloki agregatirovannogo oborudovaniya iz zhelezobetona i spetsial’nykh betonov (Recommendations for the Design of Basic Parts of Machine Tools and Support Constructions for the Blocks of Aggregated Equipment of Reinforced Concrete and Special Concretes), Moscow: ROSEP, 2000.Google Scholar
- 4.Brailovskii, M.I., Primenenie spetsial’nykh betonov v mashinostroenii (Implementation of Special Concretes in Machine Engineering), Moscow: Nauchno-Issled., Proekt.-Konstr. Tekhnol. Inst. Betona Zhelezobetona, 1990, no. 18, pp. 30–31.Google Scholar
- 5.Shishkova, L.P., Manufacturing technology of reinforced concrete support constructions of equipment, Tr. Nauchno-Issled., Proekt.-Konstr. Tekhnol. Inst. Betona Zhelezobetona, 1990.Google Scholar
- 6.Kaprielov, S.S., Karpenko, N.I., Sheinfel’d, A.V., and Kuznetsov, E.N., Regulation of the elastic and creep module of high-strength concretes with the modifier MB, Beton Zhelezobeton (Moscow), 2003, no. 6, pp. 8–12.Google Scholar
- 7.Kaprielov, S.S., Karpenko, N.I., Sheinfel’d, A.V., and Kuznetsov, E.N., Effect of organomineral MB-50S modifier on structure and deformation of concrete stone and high-strength concrete, Beton Zhelezobeton (Moscow), 2003, no. 3, pp. 2–7.Google Scholar