Optimizing the Structural Designs of Starter Generators for Hybrid Powertrain Vehicles
- 1 Downloads
Results of testing starter generators for hybrid powertrain vehicles are given. The objects of investigation were two starter generators with concentric teeth and a 3 × 2 distributed winding. The optimization is performed using a genetic algorithm in the Ansys Maxwell software package. The optimization of selecting a nonmagnetic gap to minimize the negative effect of the armature response to the excitation space of the permanent magnets is considered.
Keywordshybrid powertrain starter generator multiphase generator optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zheng, P., Wu, F., Lei, Y., Sui, Y., and Yu, B., Investigation of a novel 24-slot/14-pole six-phase fault-tolerant modular permanent-magnet in-wheel motor for electric vehicles, Energies, 2013, no. 6.Google Scholar
- 2.Ismagilov, F.R., Khairullin, I.Kh., and Vavilov, V.E., Osnovy proektirovaniya vysokooborotnykh elektromekhanicheskikh preobrazovatelei energii s vysokokoertsitivnymi postoyannymi magnitami (Fundamentals of Engineering of High-Speed Electromagnetic Convertors of Energy with High-Coercive Permanent Magnets), Moscow: Innovatsionnoe Mashinostroenie, 2016.Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, P., Sizov, G.Y., Ionel, D.M., and Demerdash, N.A.O., Design optimization of spoke-type ferrite magnet machines by combined design of experiments and differential evolution algorithms, Proc. 2013 IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives Conf. (IEMDC), Chicago, 2013.Google Scholar
- 4.Duan, Y. and Ionel, D., Non-linear scaling rules for brushless PMsynchronous machines based on optimal design studies for a wide range of power ratings, IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., 2014, vol. 50, no. 2.Google Scholar
- 5.Lefevre, Y., Fontchastagner, J., and Messine, F., Building a CAD system for educational purpose based only on a mesh tool and a FEsolver, IEEE Trans. Magn., 2006, vol. 42, no. 4.Google Scholar
- 6.Oganov, A.R. and Glass, C.W., Evolutionary crystal structure prediction as a tool in materials design, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter., 2008, vol. 20, no. 6.Google Scholar