Immunogenetic Characteristics of Holstein Cattle Reared on Sakhalin
- 8 Downloads
Research into the blood groups among the Holstein cattle reared in Sakhalin oblast was carried out. The antigenic structure of the erythrocytes in blood of 2248 animals on four farms—Sovkhoz Yuzhno- Sakhalinskii Corporation, Timiryazevskii Corporation, Sokolovskii Agricultural Production Cooperative, and Sovkhoz Zarechnoe Corporation—was determined. The analysis of the distribution of the factor antigens was performed. On average, it recorded both a high frequency of occurrence of antigens A2, G2, G3, O2, Y2, E′2, E′3, O′, Q′, C1, C2, E, W, X2, F, J, L, H′, and Z and a low frequency of occurrence of antigens Z′, P, Q, T2, I′, P′, Y′, B″, C′, M, U, and U″ H″. A high level of genetic similarity between the animals was revealed, which can be associated with the conditions for formation and adaptation of the Holstein population on Sakhalin Island. The obtained results may be used to choose the breeds for future perspectives in animal crossbreeding and to design the breeding programs.
KeywordsHolstein cattle blood groups erythrocyte antigens genetic similarity genetic distance dendrogram
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kol’tsov, D.N, Bagirov, V.A., and Romanov, Yu.D., Results of practical use of genetic markers, blood groups, in the study of the reproductive capacity of cattle, Dostizh. Nauki Tekh. Agroprom. Kompleksa, 2014, no. 1, pp. 54–57.Google Scholar
- 3.Stewart-Havens, J.A., Beerer, J.E. and Lewin, H.A., Haplotypes of bovine major hystocompatibility complex genes in Angus cattle, XXII Intern. Conf. Anim. Genet., Michigan St. Univ., 1990, p.1.Google Scholar
- 5.Revina, G.B., Kuznetsov, V.M., and Astashenkova, L.I., Milk productivity and reproductive ability of Holstein cows in breeding reproducers of the Sakhalin region, III Mezhd. Nauchn.-prakt. konf. “Novye tendentsii razvitiya sel’skokhozyaistvennykh nauk” (III Int. Sci.-Pract. Conf. New Tendencies in the Development of Agricultural Sciences), Rostov-on-Don, 2016, pp. 29–34.Google Scholar
- 6.Kuznetsov, V.M. and Revina, G.B., Ways of formation of the Sakhalin population of the Holstein cattle in the Far East, Mezhdunar. Nauchno-Issled. Zh., 2015, no. 7, pp. 111–114.Google Scholar
- 7.Dunin, I.M., Novikov, A.A., Romanenko, M.I., Ambros’eva, E.D., Borozdin, E.K., and Kalashnikova, L.A., Pravila geneticheskoi ekspertizy plemennogo materiala krupnogo rogatogo skota (Rules of Genetic Examination of Cattle Pedigree Material), Moscow: Rosinformagrotekh, 2003.Google Scholar
- 8.Mashurov, A.M., Sukhova, N.O., Tsarev, R.O., and Tkhan’, Kh.Kh., Algoritmy immunobiokhimicheskoi genetiki: Uchebno-metod. posobie (Algorithms of Immunobiochemical Genetics: Textbook), Novosibirsk: SO RASKhN, 1998.Google Scholar
- 9.Serebrovskii, A.S., Geneticheskii analiz (Genetic Analysis), Moscow: Nauka, 1970.Google Scholar
- 10.Zhivotovskii, L.A., The index of similarity of populations by polymorphic characteristics, Zh. Obshch. Biol., 1979, vol. 11, no. 4, p.587.Google Scholar
- 11.Lakin, G.F., Biometriya (Biometrics), Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 1990.Google Scholar
- 12.Mashurov, A.M. and Sukhova, N.O., Fond antigenov porod krupnogo rogatogo skota i rodstvennykh emu vidov (The Fund of Antigens of Cattle Breeds and Related Species), Novosibirsk: SO RASKhN, 1994.Google Scholar