Dependence of Various Oat Ecotypes’ Yield Capacity on Climatic Factors in the Middle Amur Region
The experiments took place in the Middle Amur region, which is characterized by uneven soil and climatic conditions. The climate of this area of Russia is characterized by drought during tillering time and an excess of moisture during anthesis, grain ripening, and harvest. The impact of climatic factors on yield formation in oats of various origin were studied. The donors of economically important traits to be used in fodder cereals’ breeding were selected. We found correlations between yield of oats and environmental factors, such as sum of air temperatures at the soil level and precipitation. The oat samples with the best agronomic traits were recognized as promising and were involved in the breeding process as paternal parent forms.
Keywordsglobal collection genetic resources breeding stock varietal diversity oats vegetation period sustainability productivity climatic factors correlation breeding Middle Amur region
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Karacheva, G.S. and Mel’nichuk, I.B., Results and prospects of oats breeding, Agrarn. Nauka Evro-Sev.-Vost., 2002, no. 3, pp. 90–91.Google Scholar
- 2.Karacheva, G.S., The selection value of perspective material on oats in the Far East zone, in Trudy (Works), Khabarovsk, 2001, vol. 1, pp. 14–20.Google Scholar
- 3.Aseeva, T.A. and Karacheva, G.S., The current state and prospects for the development of selection and seed production of spring grain crops in the Khabarovsk krai, Tr. Kuban. Gos. Agrarn. Univ., 2016, vol. 2, no. 59, pp. 61–71.Google Scholar
- 4.Metodika gosudarstvennogo sortoispytaniya s.-kh. kul’tur (Methodology of State Variety Testing of Agricultural Crops), Moscow: Kolos, 1985, vols. 1–2.Google Scholar
- 5.Mezhdunarodnyi klassifikator SEV roda Avena (CMEA International Classifier for Genus Avena L.), Leningrad, 1984.Google Scholar
- 6.Dospekhov, B.A., Metodika polevogo opyta (Methodology of Field Experiment), Moscow: Agropromizdat, 1985.Google Scholar
- 7.Vavilov, N.I., Izbrannye sochineniya. Genetika i selektsiya (Selected Works. Genetics and Selection), Moscow: Kolos, 1966, pp. 39–41.Google Scholar