Sorption of Manganese Cations by Modified Humic Acids from Lignite
The sorption of Mn2+ ions from aqueous solutions of humic acids derived from Tisul’sk lignite is investigated. The influence of treatment of the humic acids by hydrogen peroxide on their sorptional characteristics is considered. The sorptional capacity of modified and unmodified humic acids for the manganese cation is determined. IR, NMR, and ESR spectroscopy shows that the greater sorptional capacity of humic acids after modification by hydrogen peroxide may be attributed to change in their functional composition.
Keywordshumic acids modified humic acids sorptional capacity manganese cations organic paramagnetic centers lignite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Aleksandrov, I.V., Kandelaki, G.I., and Kulikova, I.P., Zeolite-humic sorbents for wastewater treatment, Khim. Tverd. Topliva, 1994, nos. 4–5, pp. 136–141.Google Scholar
- 5.Lishtvan, I.I., Tomson, A.E., Sokolova, T.V., Strigutskii, V.P., Pekhtereva, V.S., and Parmon, S.V., Transformation of polyconjugation systems as a factor of enhancing the sorption activity of peat upon its modification with phosphoric acid and organic acids, Solid Fuel Chem., 2011, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 143–148.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Zherebtsov, I.P., Lozbin, V.I., Zherebtsov, S.I., and Fedorova, N.I., Issledovanie protsessa alkilirovaniya ulgya metanolom (Analysis of Coal Alkylation by Methanol), Available from VINITI, 1990, Moscow, no. 1523-V90.Google Scholar
- 8.Malyshenko, N.V., Zherebtsov, S.I., Smotrina, O.V., et al., Sorption of zinc cations by modified humic acids, Chem. Sustainable Dev., 2015, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 451–457.Google Scholar
- 9.Malyshenko, N.V., Zherebtsov, S.I., Smotrina, O.V., et al., Sorption of copper cations by native and modified humic acids, Chem. Sustainable Dev., 2016, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 399–403.Google Scholar
- 10.Taits, E.M. and Andreeva, I.A., Metody analiza i ispytaniya uglei (Methods of Analysis and Tests of Coals), Moscow: Nedra, 1983.Google Scholar
- 11.Shaks, I.A. and Faizullina, E.M., Infrakrasnye spektry iskopaemogo organicheskogo veshchestva (Infrared Spectra of Fossil Organic Matter), Moscow: Nedra, 1974.Google Scholar
- 12.Kosheeva, I.Ya., Chkhetiya, D.N., Getsina, M.L., and Bykov, I.V., Distribution of gold, platinum, and palladium in lignite, Vestn. Otd. Nauk Zemle, Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2007, no. 1, p. 25. http://www.scgis.ru/russian/ cp1251/hdgggms/1-2007/informbul-12007/hvdroterm-30.pdf.Google Scholar
- 13.Erdogan, S., Baysal, A., Akba, O., and Hamamci, C., Interaction of metals with humic acid isolated from oxidized coal, Pol. J. Environ. Stud., 2007, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 671–675.Google Scholar
- 16.Gunther, H., NMR Spectroscopy, New York: Wiley, 1980.Google Scholar