Determining the air excess in the heating of coke furnaces. 3. Calculation of the air excess
- 24 Downloads
The chemical mechanism by which coke-oven gas burns in the heating ducts of coke ovens is considered. A formula is obtained for the air excess. In contrast to the existing formula, the proposed version takes account of not only the content of oxygen, carbon monoxide, and carbon dioxide in the combustion products but also the content of sulfur dioxide, hydrogen, methane, nitrogen oxides. Analysis of the combustion products in the heating ducts of a coke battery with 30.9-m3 ovens shows that the content of incombustible components in the coke-oven gas may reach 3%. Calculation of the air excess by means of the proposed formula permits improvement in the uniformity of the temperature distribution in the heating system, the prevention of specific lining defects, and decrease in atmospheric emissions when the coke battery is heated by means of coke-oven gas. The proposed method of determining the air excess may be used not only in equipment for coke production but also in other metallurgical systems where coke-oven gas is burned.
Keywordsair excess coke-oven gas air combustion products
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yushin, V.V., Excess air factor upon gas combustion, Koks Khim., 1935, nos. 2–3, pp. 6–8.Google Scholar
- 3.Spravochnik koksokhimika. Tom 2. Proizvodstvo koksa (Handbook of Coke Chemist, Vol. 2: Coke Production), Rudyka, V.I. and Zingerman, Yu.E., Eds., Kharkov: INZhEK, 2014.Google Scholar
- 4.Glinka, N.L., Obshchaya khimiya (General Chemistry), Moscow: Khimiya, 1977.Google Scholar
- 7.Karpov, A.V., Influence of heating regime in coke furnaces on the content of nitrogen oxides in combustion products of coke gas, Uglekhim. Zh., 2002, nos. 3–4, pp. 18–22.Google Scholar
- 8.Hermann, W., Sucker, D., Haas, W., and Kuhn, P., Modeling of the flows and formation of NOx in the heating system of coke batteries of Kaiserstuhl coking plant. Paired verticals. Modeling and prospects, Cokemaking Int., 1992, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 71–83.Google Scholar
- 11.Rubchevskii, V.N., Chernyshov, Yu.A., Markov, V.I., et al., A new method for diagnostics of the heating system and masonry of the chamber walls of the coke furnace battery, Koks Khim., 2004, no. 3, pp. 18–22.Google Scholar
- 12.Pravila tekhnicheskoi ekspluatatsii koksokhimicheskikh predpriyatii (The Technical Operation Rules of Coke Chemical Industrial Plants), Kharkov: Giprokoks, 2001.Google Scholar
- 13.Pravila tekhnicheskoi ekspluotatsii koksokhimicheskikh predpriyatii i proizvodstv (The Technical Operation Rules of Coke Chemical Industrial Plants), Yekaterinburg, 2016.Google Scholar