Ignition of droplets of coal–water–oil mixtures based on coke and semicoke
- 21 Downloads
To permit expansion of the resource base and utilize industrial waste, coal–water–oil fuels may be prepared on the basis of coke and semicoke, as well as common petroleum derivatives (fuel oil and spent compressor, turbine, and transformer oils). The minimal oxidant temperature corresponding to stable ignition of coal–water–oil slurries is established. Typical variation in fuel temperature in the course of reaction is determined, as well as the delay time of ignition and the total combustion time for individual droplets of such fuel suspensions. For droplets of initial size 0.5–1.5 mm, the influence of the various factors (droplet size, oxidant temperature, and concentration of the components) on the threshold (minimum) temperature and inertia of ignition is studied. It is shown that stable ignition of coke and semicoke in such fuel is possible at moderate oxidant temperatures: 700–1000 K.
Keywordscoal–water–oil slurries fuel suspensions coke semicoke spent oil fuel ignition ignition delay
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Coal Information 2012, Luxembourg: Int. Energy Agency, 2012. http://www.iea.org.Google Scholar
- 2.International Energy Outlook with Projections to 2040, Washington: U.S. Energy Inf. Adm., 2013. http://www.eia.gov.Google Scholar
- 7.Nikolaichuk, L.A. and Tsvetkov, P.S., Prospects of ecological technologies development in the Russian oil industry, Int. J. Appl. Eng. Res., 2016, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 5271–5276.Google Scholar
- 9.Panova, V.F. and Panov, S.A., Coal wastes as the raw material for production of construction materials, Vestn. Sib. Gos. Fed. Univ., 2015, no. 2 (12), pp. 71–75.Google Scholar
- 13.Fedorova, N.I., Patrakov, Yu.F., Surkov, V.G., and Golovko, A.K., Analysis of the combustion of composite fuels produced by cavitation, Vestn. Kuzbass. Gos. Tekh. Univ., 2007, no. 4, pp. 38–41.Google Scholar
- 15.Arkhipov, V.A., Sidor, A.M., and Surkov, V.G., Analysis of physical-chemical and energetic organic water carbon fuels, Tekh. Teplofiz. Prom. Teploenerg., 2013, no. 5, pp. 39–47.Google Scholar