Characteristics of Mongolian coal
- 21 Downloads
Samples of Mongolian coal from the Khuden field are studied (specifically, technical and elementary analysis, heat of combustion, mineral characteristics, petrographic composition, clinkering properties, degree of oxidation, mechanical strength, and thermal stability). The Mongolian coal samples are classified in terms of genetic and technological parameters, and prospects for the use of such coal are assessed.
KeywordsMongolian coal technical analysis petrography clinkering properties mechanical strength thermal stability ash composition physicochemical properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Strakhov, V.M. and Masgutov, I.I., Coal of Mongolia and industrial infrastructure, Koks Khim., 2012, no. 4, pp. 46–51.Google Scholar
- 3.Mizin, V.G. and Serov, G.V., Uglerodistye vosstanoviteli dlya ferrosplavov (Carbon Reducing Agents for Ferroalloys), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1976.Google Scholar
- 5.Strakhov, V.M. and Elkin, K.S., Modern requirements to the carbon reducing agents for the production of high-purity industrial silicon, IXMezhdunar. nauchnoprakt. konf. “Metallurgiya: tekhnologii, innovatsii, kachestvo” (IX Int. Sci.-Pract. Conf. “Metallurgy: Technologies, Innovations, and Quality”), Novokuznetsk, 2015, part 1, pp. 80–83.Google Scholar
- 6.Strakhov, V.M., Kaliakparov, A.G., and Kashlev, I.M., The role of coal and the efficiency of its use instead of coke in electrothermal smelting of ferrosilicon, Chern. Metall., 2012, no. 11, pp. 67–75.Google Scholar
- 7.Strakhov, V.M., Matvienko, V.A., Timofeev, G.D., et al., Analysis of lignite from Maikyubinsk basin as the carbon reducing agents in smelting of ferroalloys, Koks Khim., 1998, no. 9, pp. 17–21.Google Scholar
- 8.Strakhov, V.M., Svyatov, B.A., Golovachev, N.P., et al., Coke production technologies from the coal of Shubarkol field: quality evaluation for use as the carbon reducing agent for smelting of ferroalloys, Koks Khim., 2004, no. 10, pp. 16–20.Google Scholar
- 11.Edil’baev, I.B., Golovachev, N.P., Privalov, O.E., et al., The complex technology of thermooxidizing coking of coal at Aksuskii Ferroalloy Plant, Gorn. Zh. Kazakh., 2008, no. 2, pp. 12–17.Google Scholar
- 14.Dinel’t, V.M., Strakhov, V.M., Livenets, V.I., and Anikin, A.E., Production of high-quality agglomerated fuel of lignite semicoke from coal of Kansk-Achinsk field, Mater. Prevogo mazhdunar. naychno-tekhnol. kongr. “Energetika v global’nom mire,” Tezisy dokladov (Proc. First Int. Sci.-Technol. Congr. “Global Energetics,” Abstracts of Papers), Krasnoyarsk, 2010, pp. 381, 382.Google Scholar
- 16.Oyunbold, D., Syroezhko, A.M., Slavoshevskaya, N.V., and Strakhov, V.M., Processing Mongolian and Russian lignite to obtain humin preparations, low-ash carbon- based reducing agents, and coal briquettes, Coke Chem., 2010, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 98–104.Google Scholar