Charge spectrum of superheavy nuclei of galactic cosmic rays obtained in the OLIMPIA experiment
- 29 Downloads
In this paper, we present the last results of the OLIMPIA experiment on the search for and study of traces of heavy and superheavy element nuclei of galactic cosmic rays in olivine crystals from meteorites. The charge spectrum of cosmic rays in the region of heavy nuclei is obtained, three superheavy nuclei of natural origin with charges in the range 105 < Z < 130 and lifetimes longer than 3000 years, being a part of the so-called “stability island”, are identified.
Keywordssuperheavy nuclei galactic cosmic rays meteorite olivine OLIMPIA track etching track detector PAVIKOM pattern recognition methods automated processing of track detectors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.R. L. Fleisher, P. B. Price, and R. M. Walker, Nuclear Tracks in Solids: Principles and Applications (Univ. California, Berkeley, 1975; Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1981).Google Scholar
- 4.V. L. Ginzburg, N. G. Polukhina, N. I. Starkov, et al., Dokl. Akad. Nauk 402(4), 472 (2005) [Dokl. Phys. 50, 283 (2005)].Google Scholar
- 6.A. B. Aleksandrov, A. V. Bagulya, M. S. Vladimirov, et al., Kratkie Soobsheniya po Fizike FIAN 40(5), 28 (2013). [Bulletin of the Lebedev Physics Institute 40, 126 (2013)].Google Scholar
- 7.A. B. Aleksandrov, M. S. Vladimirov, N. G. Polukhina, et al., Kratkie Soobsheniya po Fizike FIAN 39(9), 38 (2012). [Bulletin of the Lebedev Physics Institute 39, 269 (2012)].Google Scholar
- 9.A. B. Aleksandrov, N. G. Polukhina, and N. I. Starkov, Astrophysics (In Tech, Pucka (Xorvatia), 2012).Google Scholar