Emission of nanosecond laser plasma of gadolinium
- 43 Downloads
The results of the study of laser plasma generated by nanosecond laser radiation with controlled spatial coherence incident on various targets containing gadolinium are presented. X-ray radiation of such plasma is studied using an X-ray diagnostic system developed and fabricated by the authors. Metal gadolinium, gadolinium oxide, gadolinium and aluminum alloy, and aluminum were used as targets. The electron temperature of generated plasma and the efficiency of laser-to-X-ray radiation conversion are estimated; the emitting region sizes are determined. Particular attention is paid to the study of laser plasma spectra in the X-ray region near the wavelength of 6.7 nm.
Keywordslaser plasma plasma emission spectrum vacuum ultraviolet plasma X-ray radiation plasma diagnostics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Yu. Zuev, A. E. Pestov, N. N. Salashchenko, et al., Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk Ser. Fiz. 77, 1 (2013) [Bull. Russ. Acad. Sci. Phys. 77, 6 (2013)].Google Scholar
- 2.EUV Sources for Lithography, Ed. by Vivek Bakshi (SPIE Press, Bellingham, 2006).Google Scholar
- 8.N. N. Salashchenko and N. I. Chkhalo, “Short-Wavelength Projection Lithography,” Vestnik RAN 78, 5 (2008).Google Scholar
- 14.V. A. Burakov, B. L. Vasin, A. A. Kologrivov, et al., PreprintNo. 3, FIAN (Lebedev Physical Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 2012).Google Scholar
- 15.O. B. Anan’in, Yu. V. Afanas’ev, Yu. A. Bykovskii, and O. N. Krokhin, Laser plasma. Physics and Application (MIFI, Moscow, 2003) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 17.Yu. E. Borozdin, E. D. Kazakov, V. I. Luchin, et al., Pisma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 87, 1 (2008) [JETP Lett. 87, 27 (2008)].Google Scholar