Effect of crystal temperature on parameters of electromagnetic shower
- 15 Downloads
Parameters of electromagnetic showers developed in a 1-mm disoriented tungsten crystal and in the same crystal oriented along the 〈111〉 axis depend on crystal temperature. The position of the maximum of the electromagnetic-shower development and the energy release in the maximum for a shower going out of a crystal and continuing the development in a spectrometer are linearly dependent on crystal temperature. The temperature at which the crystal orientation becomes impossible was estimated as approximately 980 K.
Keywordsoriented crystal electromagnetic spectrometer maximum of shower development energy release in the maximum of shower development crystal temperature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. N. Mukhin, Experimental Nuclear Physics (Part 1) (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1983).Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Akhiezer and N. F. Shul’ga, High-Energy Electrodynamics in a Substance (Nauka, Moscow, 1993).Google Scholar
- 3.V. N. Baier, V. M. Katkov, and V. M. Strakhovenko, High-Energy-Elctromagnetic Processes in Oriented Single Crystals (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1989).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Baskov, A. S. Belousov, V. V. Kim et al., Pribory i tekhnika eksperimenta, no. 5, 66 (2011) [Instrum. Exp. Tech. 54, 660 (2011)].Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Baskov, V. V. Kim, B. I. Puchkov et al., Kratkie Soobshcheniya po Fizike FIAN 39(8), 16 (2012) [Bulletin of the Lebedev Physics Institute 39, 229 (2012)].Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Baskov, V. V. Kim, B. I. Puchkov et al., Kratkie Soobshcheniya po Fizike FIAN 40(5), 3 (2013) [Bulletin of the Lebedev Physics Institute 40, 109 (2013)].Google Scholar