On the ion drift in gas mixtures
- 20 Downloads
The features of the velocity distribution function of ions during their drift in a mixture of different gases are analyzed. Examples of drift of heavy ions in light gas, a mixture of two gases with equal concentrations, and drift of light ions in heavy gas are considered. It was shown that the transition to discharge in mixtures of different gases allows the formation of an ion flux with characteristics unattainable for discharge in single-component gas under typical conditions under which experiments with dust structures in plasma are performed.
KeywordsMach Number Dusty Plasma LEBEDEV Physic Institute Velocity Distribution Function Elbrus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. McDaniel and E. Mason, The Mobility and Diffusion of Ions in Gases (Wiley, New York, 1973; Mir, Moscow, 1976).Google Scholar
- 2.S. A. Maiorov, Fiz. Plazmy 32, 802 (2006) [Plasma Phys. Rep. 32, 737 (2006)].Google Scholar
- 3.S. A. Maiorov, Kratkie Soobshcheniya po Fizike, No. 6, 37 (2006) [Bulletin of the Lebedev Physics Institute, No. 6, 29 (2006)].Google Scholar
- 4.S. A. Maiorov, Kratkie Soobshcheniya po Fizike 34(7), 44 (2007) [Bulletin of the Lebedev Physics Institute 34, 214 (2007)].Google Scholar
- 5.D. V. Popova, S. A. Maiorov, S. N. Antipov, and O. F. Petrov, in Proceedings of the 35th International (Zvenigorod) Conferences on Plasma Physics and CTF, Moscow, 2008, p.270; in Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference “Matter State Equations”, Elbrus, 2008, p. 214.Google Scholar
- 6.D. V. Popova, S. A. Maiorov, S. N. Antipov, et al. in Book of Abstracts of Fifth International Conference on Physics of Dusty Plasmas, Ponta Delgada, Azores, 2008, p. 139.Google Scholar
- 7.S. A. Maiorov, T. S. Ramazanov, K. N. Dzhumagulova, et al., in Book of Abstracts of Fifth International Conference on Physics of Dusty Plasmas, Ponta Delgada, Azores, 2008, p. 82.Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Maiorov, T. S. Ramazanov, K. N. Dzhumagulova, et al., Phys. Plasma 15, 093701 (2008).Google Scholar