Interaction of gold nanoparticles with bovine serum albumin
- 252 Downloads
The interaction between gold nanoparticles and bovine serum albumin (BSA) in aqueous solutions was studied. The formation of nanoparticle—BSA associates was demonstrated, which is expressed in a bathochromic shift of the surface plasmon resonance band by 5–6 nm in the absorption spectrum. The results were approximated using the Drude model for metal spheres. The thickness of the dielectric (protein) shell of the nanoparticle and its permittivity (refractive index) were calculated.
KeywordsBovine Serum Albumin Gold Nanoparticles LEBEDEV Physic Institute Bovine Serum Albumin Solution Surface Plasmon Resonance Band
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.A. White, P. Handler, E. L. Smith, R. L. Hill, and I. R. Lehman, Principles of Biochemistry (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1978).Google Scholar
- 9.P. Englebienne, A. Hoonacker, and M. Verhas, Spectroscopy 17, 255 (2003).Google Scholar
- 11.I. A. Nagovitsyn and G. K. Chudinova, Dokl. Akad. Nauk 382(2), 267 (2002).Google Scholar
- 12.I. A. Nagovitsyn, G. K. Chudinova, V. V. Savranskii, and G. G. Komissarov, Kratk. Soobshch. po Fizike FIAN, No. 11, 19 (2003) [Bulletin of the Lebedev Phys. Inst., No. 11, 15 (2003)].Google Scholar
- 13.I. A. Nagovitsyn, G. K. Chudinova, V. V. Savranskii, and G. G. Komissarov, Biofizika, 2007 [Biophysics] (in press).Google Scholar