Study of the mechanism and regularities of nitriding the complex ferrosilicoaluminum ferroalloy in the SHS mode
- 9 Downloads
The results of an investigation into the mechanism of nitriding the ferrosilicoaluminum complex alloy under isothermal and nonisothermal conditions are presented. It is shown that the nitriding process of ferrosilicoaluminum is complex and multistage. It is established that, when nitriding the ferroalloy, the primary product is AlN; then Si3N4 is synthesized and Si3N4-based solid solutions are formed. The influence of the main parameters of self-propagating high-temperature synthesis on the velocity and degree of nitriding the ferrosilicoaluminum alloy is investigated. Critical parameters of the combustion process are revealed.
Keywordsnitriding ferrosilicoaluminum nitrides self-propagating high-temperature synthesis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jack, K.H., SiAlON: ceramics alloys for the engineering applications, in: Ceramic: Toward the 21st Century, N. Soga, N., and Kato, A., Eds., Tokyo: The Ceramic Society of Japan, 1991, pp. 465–482.Google Scholar
- 3.Borshch, V.N., Zhuk, S.Ya., and Vakin, N.A., Sialon as a new class of supports for oxidation catalysts, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 2008, vol. 420, no. 2, pp. 121–124.Google Scholar
- 5.Noaman, M., Lences, Z., and Gabrisova, Z., Comparison of two sialon ceramics prepared from synthesis and natural raw materials, Acta Chim. Slovaca, 2009, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 3–13.Google Scholar
- 6.Strelov, K.K., Teoreticheskie osnovy tekhnologii ogneupornykh materialov (Theoretical Foundations of Technology of Fire-Resistant Materials), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1996.Google Scholar
- 7.Huang Jing-Zhou, Huang Zhou-Hui, and Fang Ming-Hao, Reaction sintered Fe–SiAlON ceramic composite: processing, characterization and high-temperature erosion wear behavior. http://dx.doi.org/ (accessed: September 26, 2013). doi 10.1016/j.jascer.2013.05.001Google Scholar
- 8.Borovinskaya, I.P. and Smirnov, K.L., Self-propagating high-temperature synthesis of ceramic composites based on sialons, Nauka—proizvodstvu, 1998, no. 8 (10), pp. 39–44.Google Scholar
- 9.Smirnov, K.L. and Borovinskaya, I.P, Combustion synthesis of sialon-based ceramic composites, Poroshk. Metall., 2003, nos. 11/12, pp. 64–72.Google Scholar
- 13.Chukhlomina, Lu.N., Regularities of silicon nitride synthesis by combustion of an iron–silicon alloy in nitrogen, Zh. Prikl. Khim., 2007, vol. 80, no. 11, pp. 1768–1772.Google Scholar
- 14.Maksimov, Yu.M., Chukhlomina, Lu.N., Braverman, B.Sh., and Smirnov, L.A., Samorasprostranyayushchiisya vysokotemperaturnyi sintez azotsoderzhashchikh splavov dlya metallurgii (Self-Propagating High-Temperature Synthesis of Nitrogen-Containing Alloys for Metallurgy), Novosibirsk: Nauka, 2014.Google Scholar
- 15.Chukhlomina, Lu.N., Synthesis of Nitrides of Groups III–VI Elements and Composite Materials Based on Them by Nitriding Ferroalloys in the Combustion Mode, Doctoral Sci. (Eng.) Dissertation, Tomsk, Tomsk Politekh. Univ., 2009.Google Scholar