Diamond electroplated coating with protection by diamond micron powder in a dressing tool. Part 1. Coating deposition conditions
- 23 Downloads
The authors put forward a method of protection of diamond electroplated coating in a dressing tool made by the electroforming process. The method consists in using diamond micron powder in the surface layer of the nickel bond in order to protect the bond surface against hydroabrasive wear. The paper provides a procedure of calculation of nickel (the basis for the diamond electroplated coating) deposition conditions, taking into account the change in the free surface area of deposition due to cross-sectional area of diamond grains of the working fraction and the micron powder. The procedure permits computing the refill-deposition rate and duration, the final thickness of the coating and its protective sublayer.
Keywordsdiamond electroplated coating dressing tool electroforming protection diamond micron powder coating deposition conditions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kolomiyets, V.V. and Polupan, B.I., Almaznye pravyashchie roliki pri vreznom shlifovanii detalei mashin (Diamond Dressing Rollers in Plunge Grinding of Machine Parts), Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1983.Google Scholar
- 2.Sheiko, M.N., Matskevich, V.P., Nemets, V.M., and Skok, V.N., Evolution of working surface of diamond sticks in dressing, in Suchasni protsesy mekhanichnoyi obrobky instrumentamy iz NTM ta yakist’ poverkhni detalei mashyn: Sb. nauk.prats. Seriya G “Protsesy mekhanichnoyi obrobky, verstaty ta instrumenty” (Advanced Machining Processes Using Tools of Superhard Materials and Surface Quality of Machine Components. Collected Research Papers. Series D. Machining Processes, Machines, and Tools), Kiev: V.M. Bakul Institute for Superhard Materials, 2006, pp. 118–125.Google Scholar
- 4.Sheiko, M.N. and Bondar’, I.V., Kinetics of hydroabrasive wear of bond in a single-layer dressing tools protected by ion-plasma coatings, in Vysokie tekhnologii v mashinostroenii i normativno-tekhnicheskoe regulirovanie, Sb. XX Mezhdunar. nauch.-techn. seminara INTERPARTNER (High Technologies in Machine Building and Normative-Technical Regulations. Proc. XX Int. Scie.-Techn. Workshop INTERPARTNER), Alushta, 2012, pp. 316–323.Google Scholar
- 7.Sheiko, M.N., Skok, V.N., and Pasichnyi, O.O., Grain shape as a factor governing the parameters of diamond electroplated coating of dressing tools. Part 2. Actual grain–graphite form contact area and related characteristics as input data for calculating the conditions of diamond electroplated coating application by electroforming method, J. Superhard Mater., 2016, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 47–50.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Koshkin, N.I. and Shirkevich, M.G., Spravochnik po elementarnoi fizike (Handbook of Elementary Physics), Moscow: Nauka, 1975.Google Scholar
- 10.Lobanov, S.A., Prakticheskie sovety gal’vaniku (Practical Advice to Electroplating Specialists), Leningrad: Mashinostroenie, 1983.Google Scholar
- 11.Yampol’skii, A.M. and Il’inskii, V.A., Kratkii spravochnik gal’vanotekhnika (Electroplater’s Concise Handbook), Leningrad: Mashinostroenie, 1981.Google Scholar