Formation of flat surfaces of optoelectronic components in diamond polishing
- 25 Downloads
Based on the physical-statistical model of formation of workpiece material debris particles in diamond polishing, an analysis of removal rate and form accuracy has been performed for flat surfaces of optoelectronic components made of quartz, aluminum nitride, and gallium nitride. The most efficient values of kinematic parameters of machine tool setting have been defined to achieve the required shape-generation accuracy. The paper provides some findings of the experimental verification of calculated data on the removal rate in polishing and the form deviation of the machined surfaces.
Keywordsdiamond polishing removal rate form deviation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Filatov, Yu.D. and Sidorko, V.I., A statistical approach to wear of surfaces of nonmetallic workpiece in polishing, Sverkhtverdye Materialy, 2005, no. 1, pp. 58–66 [J. Superhard Mater., 2005,no. 1].Google Scholar
- 6.Filatov, Yu. and Sidorko V., Formation of flat optical surfaces in polishing, Jemna Mechanika a Optika, 2009, no. 9, pp. 239–243.Google Scholar
- 9.Crystal quartz, Almaz Optics, Inc. (Quartz, crystal quartz, crystalline quartz), http://www.almazoptics.com/ Quartz.htmGoogle Scholar
- 10.Properties of the III-nitride semiconductors. The semiconductors–information., http://www.semiconductors.co. uk/nitrides.htmGoogle Scholar
- 12.Harima, H., Properties of GaN and related compounds studied by means of Raman scattering, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter., 2002, vol. 14, pp. 967–993.Google Scholar
- 13.Quay, R., Gallium Nitride Electronics, Springer Science & Business Media, 2008.Google Scholar
- 17.Filatov, Yu.D. and Rogov, V.V., A cluster model of fatigue wear mechanism of SiO2-containing materials in polishing with tools made of bound ceria-based polishing powders. Part 1, Sverkhtverdye Materaily, 1994, no. 3, pp. 40–43 [J. Superhard Mater., 1994, no. 3].Google Scholar
- 18.Filatov, Yu.D., The mechanism of the surface microrelief formation in glass polishing, Sverkhtverdye Materialy, 1991, no. 5, pp. 61–65 [J. Superhard Mater., 1991, no. 5].Google Scholar