Wetting and interfacial behavior of Fe-based self-fluxing alloy–refractory compound systems
In this study the wettability and interfacial behaviour of the TiC–FeNiCrBSiC and TiB2–FeNiCrBSiC systems were investigated. The wetting experiments were performed by the sessile drop method at 1150°C under a vacuum. The contact angles of TiC and TiB2 wetting by melted Fe-based self-fluxing alloy were 51° and 36°, respectively. Thermodynamic calculations were carried out to understand the metal–ceramic interaction mechanism in the TiC–FeNiCrBSiC and TiB2–FeNiCrBSiC systems. The structure of the interface region in the TiB2–FeNiCrBSiC system was characterized by the optical microscopy and SEM-EDS analysis. The formation of Fe, Ni, Cr and Mo complex borides was revealed within the interface region of the TiB2–FeNiCrBSiC system.
Keywordsself-fluxing alloy refractory compound contact angle titanium diboride titanium carbide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Klinskaya-Rudenskaya, N.A. and Kuzmin, B.P., Influence of refractory additives on the structure and performance of self-fluxing alloy-based coatings, Phys. Chem. Mater. Proc., 1996, no. 1, pp. 55–61.Google Scholar
- 5.Umanskyi, O., Storozhenko, M., Hussainova, I., Terentyev, O., Kowalchenko, M., and Antonov, M., Effect of TiB2 additives on wear behavior of NiCrSiB-based plasma sprayed coatings, Mater. Sci., 2016, vol. 22, pp. 15–19.Google Scholar
- 6.Moiseev, G.K. and Ivanovskyi, A.L., Standard enthalpy of compounds formation in the metal–bor systems, Izv. Cheliabinsk scientific center, 2005, vol. 3 (29), pp. 5–9.Google Scholar
- 7.Svoistva, poluchenie i primenenie tugoplavkikh soedinenii. Spravochnik. (Properties, production and application of refractory compounds. Reference book), Kosolapova, T. Ya., Ed., Moscow, Metallurgiya, 1986.Google Scholar
- 8.Terentyev, O., Krasovskyy, V., Storozhenko, M., Umanskyi, O., and Martsenyuk, I., Investigation of wetting regularities of zirconia, titanium, chromium borides and titanium carbide by nickel-based self-fluxing alloy, Adgezia Rasplavov i Paika Materialov, 2012, no. 45, pp. 79–85.Google Scholar