Defect-and-impurity state of diamond single crystals grown in the Fe–Mg–Al–C system
- 32 Downloads
Special features of the formation of the defect and impurity states of diamond single crystals grown in the Fe–Mg–Al–C growth system by the temperature gradient method at the pressure 7.2–8.2 GPa and temperature 1700–1900°C have been investigated. It has been shown that as the magnesium content of the growth system increases, the type of the grown crystals changes in the following sequence: IIa → IIb.
Keywordsdiamond single crystals Fe–Mg–Al–C system boron defect and impurity state
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Novikov, N.V. and Shulzhenko, A.A., The increase of synthetic diamond growth, in Science and Technology of New Diamond, Saito, S. and Yoshikava, M., Eds., Tokio: KTK Scientific Publishers, Terra Scientific Publishers Co, 1990, pp. 217–219.Google Scholar
- 5.Lysakovskii, V.V., Regularities of the diamond crystallization onto a seed in the Fe–Co–Ti (Zr)–C solution–melt systems, Cand. Sci. (Eng.) Dissertation, Kiev, 2008.Google Scholar
- 7.Sinteticheskie sverkhtverdye materialy (Synthetic superhard materials), 3 vols, vol. 1, Synthesis of superhard materials, Novikov, N.V., Ed., Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1986.Google Scholar
- 9.Fisher, D., Sibley, S.J., and Kelly, C.J., Brown color in natural diamond and interaction between the brown related and other color-inducing defects, J. Phys.: Condensed Matter., 2009, vol. 21, no. 36, pp. 1–10.Google Scholar
- 10.Novikov, N.V., Kocherzhinsky, Yu.A, Shul’man, L.A., et al., Fizicheskie svoistva almazov. Spravochnik, (Physical properties of diamonds. Handbook), Novikov, N.V., Ed., Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1987.Google Scholar
- 14.Kovalenko, T.V., Ivakhnenko, S.A., Belyavina, N.N., et al., Phase transformations in the Fe-Mg–C system at high pressures, in Porodorazrushayushchii i metalloobrabatyvayushchii instrument—tekhnika i technologiya ego izgotovleniya i primeneniya (Rock destruction and metal-working tools—techniques and technology of the tool production and applications), Collect. Papers, Kiev: Bakul’ ISM, Nat. Ac. Sci. Ukraine, 2016, issue 19, pp. 327–334.Google Scholar
- 15.Kovalenko, T.V., Romanko, L.A., and Ivakhnenko, S.A., Electro-physical properties of semiconductor diamonds grown in the magnesium–carbon system, Int. Conf. on Materials and coatings under extreme conditions (MEE-2016): Collect. Papers, Kiev: 2016, p. 58.Google Scholar
- 17.Lysakovskii, V.V. and Ivakhnenko, S.A., Kinetics of diamond single crystals growth in Fe–Co solvents doped with titanium and zirconium, Ibid., 2009, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 7–11.Google Scholar