Estimation of Limit Energy Characteristics of Volumetric Pneumatic Motors Taking into Account the Process Dynamics in Working Chambers
A methodology for estimation of the limit energy characteristics of volumetric pneumatic motors based on the Parameter Space Investigation method and a generalized mathematical model in dimensionless (normalized) form taking into account the dynamics of working processes is proposed. A calculated example is presented. The methodology is applicable for determination of the limit energy characteristics of newly created design solutions, of prospects to improve the known designs of pneumatic motors, of evaluation of energy capacity of several pneumatic motors supplied from a single source of compressed air, and of the initial data preparation for parametric synthesis of rotational pneumatic drives for two or more robots taking into account their interaction.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.US Patent no. 6868822B, Rotary piston engine, 2005.Google Scholar
- 2.Thompson, G., Smith, J., and Wowczuk, Z., Rotary engines: a concept review, in Proceedings of the SAE Powertrain and Fluid Systems Conference and Exhibition, Pittsburgh, PA, October 2003, SAE Technical Paper, no. 2003-01-3206.Google Scholar
- 3.Chicurel-Uziel, R., Single vane-pumping mechanism, in Proceedings of the 12th IFToMM World Congress, Besancon, France, June 2007, pp. 387–391.Google Scholar
- 4.Gerts, E.V. and Kreinin, G.V., Raschet pnevmoprivodov. Spravochnoe posobie (Calculation of Pneumatic Actuators, The Handbook), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1975.Google Scholar
- 5.Gerts, E.V., Dinamika pnevmaticheskikh sistem mashin (Dynamics of Machine Pneumatic Systems), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1985.Google Scholar
- 6.Gerts, E.V. and Bozrov, V.M., Generalized mathematical model of volumetric rotary pneumatic actuators of various types, in Pnevmatika i gidravlika. Privody i sistemy upravleniya (Pneumatics and Hydraulics. Drives and Control Systems, Collection of Articles), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1985, no. 10, pp. 221–229.Google Scholar
- 11.Bozrov, V.M. and Ivlev, V.I., Prospects for improving the performance of vane-type pneumatic motors, Mashinostr. Inzh. Obrazov., 2009, no. 2 (19), pp. 2–6.Google Scholar
- 13.Bozrov, V.M., Computation-experimental method of estimating the capacity of connecting channels and the losses of compressed air in air motors, Privody Kompon. Mash., 2015, no. 3, pp. 2–5.Google Scholar
- 16.Zinevich, V.D., Yarmolenko, G.Z, and Kalita, E.G., Pnevmaticheskie dvigateli gornykh mashin (Pneumatic Engines of Mining Machines), Moscow: Nedra, 1975.Google Scholar
- 17.Bashta, T.M., Mashinostroitel’naya gidravlika. Spravochnoe posobie (Engineering Hydraulics, The Handbook), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1971.Google Scholar
- 18.Lebedev, V.P., Calculation of the characteristics of a rotary air motor, in Mekhanizirovannyi instrument i otdelochnye mashiny (Mechanized Tools and Finishing Machines, Collection of Articles), Moscow: TsNIITEstroimash, 1971, no. 2, pp. 11–17.Google Scholar