Shaping the Hexahedral Head of a 12Kh18N10T Stainless Steel Bolt
- 4 Downloads
The manufacture of 12Kh18N10T austenitic stainless steel bolts with a hexahedral head is analyzed. The mechanical properties of 12Kh18N10T steel are tested after tempering and calibration to the initial dimensions. Two production technologies are considered: cold stamping with trimming of the hexahedral head; and cold flash-free stamping of a hexahedron. The quality of the head is better in the latter case. The best depth of the depression in the hexagonal bolt head made by flash-free stamping is determined.
Keywordsstainless steel steel bolts hexahedral head stamping trimming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ul’yanin, E.A., Korrozionnostoikie stali i splavy (Corrosion-Resistant Steels and Alloys), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1980.Google Scholar
- 2.Gubarev, A.P., Butakov, S.V., and Mal’tsev, L.V., Cold bulky forging of products from corrosion-resistant steels, Mashinostroitel’, 1987, no. 9, p.16.Google Scholar
- 3.Lysenkov, A.I., Specific features of stainless steels and their effect on the quality of fasteners, Krepezh, Sklei, Instrum., 2015, no. 2, pp. 33–38.Google Scholar
- 4.Mokrinskii, V.I., Proizvodstvo boltov kholodnoi ob”emnoi shtampovkoi (Production of Bolts by Cold Large Forging), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1978.Google Scholar
- 5.Mokrinskii, V.I. and Zhelezkov, O.S., New advanced types and technological processes of manufacturing of fasteners, Byull. Chermetinf., Ser. Metiznoe Proizvod., 1990, no. 2, pp.22.Google Scholar
- 6.Zhelezkov, O.S., Morozov, N.P., and Semashko, V.V., Low-waste technologies for production of fasteners with heads, in Modelirovanie i razvitie protsessov obrabotki metallov davleniem (Modeling and Development of Metal Treatment by Pressure), Magnitogorsk: Magnitogorsk. Gos. Tekh. Univ. im. G.I. Nosova, 2011, pp. 135–139.Google Scholar
- 7.Zhelezkov, O.S., Morozov, N.P., and Semashko, V.V., Development of low-waste production of core fasteners, Materialy mezhdunarodnogo foruma “Rekonstruktsiya promyshlennykh predpriyatii: proryvnye tekhnologii v metallurgii i mashinostroenii,” Tezisy dokladov (Proc. Int. Forum “Reconstruction of Industrial Enterprises: Advanced Technologies in Metallurgy and Machine Engineering,” Abstracts of Papers), Magnitogorsk: Magnitogorsk. Gos. Tekh. Univ. im. G.I. Nosova, 2011, pp. 54–56.Google Scholar
- 8.Zhelezkov, O.S., Shiryaev, O.P., Malakanov, S.A., et al., Influence of the end hole on the strength of the connection between the head and the bolt pin, Kach. Obrab. Mater., 2015, no. 2, pp. 48–50.Google Scholar
- 10.Zienkiewicz, O.C., Numerical Analysis of Forming Processes, New York: Wiley, 1984, pp. 1–44.Google Scholar
- 11.Kobayashi, S., Oh, S.-I., and Altan, T., Metal Forming and the Finite Element Method, Crookall, J.R. and Shaw, M.C., Eds., Oxford: Oxford Univ. Press, 1989, vol. 1, 1st ed.Google Scholar