Influence of Nitrogen in Plasma-Arc Remelting on the Structure and Properties of Stainless Steel
- 8 Downloads
Low-temperature plasma is used in the plasma-arc remelting of 55Kh20G9N4 steel. The plasmaforming gases employed are nitrogen and argon. The influence of the remelting parameters on the structure, the mechanical properties, the flexural strength, and the corrosion and wear resistance of the stainless steel is studied. When using nitrogen to form the plasma, its content in the steel increases. That increases the strength, crack resistance, and corrosion and wear resistance of the steel.
Keywordslow-temperature plasma plasma-arc remelting stainless steel alloying with nitrogen steel structure mechanical properties wear resistance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Isakaev, E.Kh., Sinel’nikov, V.A., and Filippov, G.A., Perspective technologies of energy saving in metallurgy and improvement of quality of metal products, Chern. Metall., 2005, no. 7, pp. 59–61.Google Scholar
- 2.Il’ichev, M.V., Isakaev, E.Kh., Tyuftyaev, A.S., and Filippov, G.A., Plasma treatment of steels with different chemical composition, Chern. Metall., 2008, no. 10, pp. 54–57.Google Scholar
- 3.Hänninen, H.E., Application and performance of high nitrogen steels, Proc. 7th Int. Conf. on High Nitrogen Steels, Ostend, 2004, pp. 371–379.Google Scholar
- 4.Stein, G. and Menzel, J., High nitrogen alloyed steels on the move-fields of application, Proc. 7th Int. Conf. on High Nitrogen Steels, Ostend, 2004, pp. 421–426.Google Scholar
- 6.Blanter, M.S., Golovin, I.S., Golovin, S.A., et al., Mekhanicheskaya spektroskopiya metallicheskikh materialov (Mechanical Spectroscopy of Metal Materials), Moscow: Mezhd. Inzh. Akad., 1994.Google Scholar
- 7.Rykalin, N.N., Uglov, A.A., and Anishchenko, L.M., Vysokotemperaturnye tekhnologicheskie protsessy. Teplofizicheskie osnovy (High-Temperature Technological Processes: Thermophysical Principles), Moscow: Nauka, 1986.Google Scholar
- 8.Shchukina, L.E., Semin, A.E., Tyuftyaev, A.S., and Filippov, G.A., Influence of conditions of plasma-arc remelting on the nitrogen content in the 10Cr8NiMoWVNb steel, Probl. Chern. Metall. Materialoved., 2015, no. 1, pp. 46–49.Google Scholar