Influence of dendritic crystallization on the structure and properties of continuous-cast pipe blanks
- 34 Downloads
The influence of dendritic crystallization on the structure and properties of continuous-cast pipe blanks (diameter 150 mm) made from steel with 0.2% C is studied, in the cast and heat-treated states. Dendritic crystallization results in different chemical composition of the austenite and the boundary between the crystals, with different properties. That affects the structure of the steel. Besides the familiar factors, the improvement in the mechanical properties of cast subeutectoid steel after heat treatment is associated with the formation of impurity-rich ferrite in segregated sections of the dendritic structure.
Keywordscontinuous-cast billet crystallization segregation heat treatment microstructure technological inheritance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Perevalov, N.N. and Filimonov, V.A., Modern trends in the development of continuous casting related to the approaching of cross-section of the cast billets to the cross-section of finished rolled steel. Part II.Production of cast billets close in the cross-section to finished rolled steel on the horizontal continuous caster, Chern. Metall., 1996, no. 4, pp. 19–28.Google Scholar
- 2.Dubrovskaya, Yu.A., Sochnev, A.E., Skorobogatskaya, L.N., et al., Foreign experience in quality improvement of pipe billets, Chern. Metall., 1981, no. 5, pp. 23–45.Google Scholar
- 3.Novikov, I.I., Metallovedenie, termoobrabotka i rentgenografiya (Metal Science, Heat Treatment, and X-Ray Analysis), Moscow: Mosk. Inst. Stali Splavov, 1994.Google Scholar
- 4.Bol’shakov, V.I., Dolzhenkov, I.E., and Zaitsev, A.V., Oborudovanie termicheskikh tsekhov, tekhnologii termicheskoi i kombinirovannoi obrabotki metalloproduktsii (The Equipment of Thermal Plants, Technologies of Heat and Combined Treatment of Metal Products), Dnepropetrovsk: Dnepr-VAL, 2010.Google Scholar
- 5.Opryshko, L.V., Hot-rolled pipes for boiler rooms made of non-deformed continuous casting billet of steel 20, Metall. Gornorudn. Prom., 2016, no. 1, pp. 61–66.Google Scholar
- 6.Sukhomlin, G.D., Specific borders in ferrite of lowcarbon steels, Metallofiz. Nov. Tekhnol., 2013, no. 9 (35), pp. 1237–1249.Google Scholar
- 7.Sladkoshteev, V.T., Potanin, R.V., Suladze, O.N., and Rutes, V.S., Nepreryvnaya razlivka stali na radial’nykh ustanovkakh (Continuous Casting of Steel on Radial Units), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1974.Google Scholar
- 8.Babachenko, A.I., Kononenko, A.A., and Borisenko, A.Yu., Effect of hot plastic deformation and heat treatment on the structure and mechanical properties of steels for railway wheels, Fundam. Prikl. Probl. Chern. Metall., 2012, no. 25, pp. 177–186.Google Scholar