Destructive Taiwan earthquake of February 5, 2016: analysis of seismological data
- 16 Downloads
The seismological data on the destructive Taiwan earthquake of February 5, 2016, (MS = 6.5) are analyzed. The source rupture length is estimated by different techniques using P-waves spectra at teleseismic distances, azimuthal hodograph, and distribution of mb magnitude. The obtained results agree with each other.
Keywordsseismicity destructive earthquake Taiwan focal mechanism azimuthal hodograph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aki, K., Estimation of earthquake moment released energy and stress-strain drop from G-wave spectrum, Bull. Earthquake Res. Inst. Tokyo Univ., 1966, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 73–88.Google Scholar
- Aptekman, Zh.Ya., Daragan, S.K., Dolgopolov, V.V., Zakharova, A.I., Zobin, V.M., Kogan, S.Ya., Korchagina, O.A., Moskvina, A.G., Polikarpova, L.A., and Chepkunas, L.S., P-wave spectra in the problem of determination of dynamic parameters of earthquake sources. Unification of the initial data and procedures of amplitude spectra calculation, Vulkanol. Seismol., 1985, no. 2, pp. 60–70.Google Scholar
- Aptekman, Zh.Ya., Belavina, Yu.F., Zakharova, A.I., Zobin, V.M., Kogan, S.Ya., Korchagina, O.A., Moskvina, A.G., Polikarpova, L.A., and Chepkunas, L.S., P-wave spectra in the problem of determination of dynamic parameters of earthquake sources. A transition from station spectrum to source one and calculation of dynamic parameters of the source, Vulkanol. Seismol., 1989, no. 2, pp. 66–79.Google Scholar
- Gorbunova, I.V., Metodika i nekotorye rezul’taty opredeleniya dliny, skorosti i napravleniya razryva po volnovoi kartine na seismogramme (Technique and Some Results of Determination for Length, Velocity, and Direction of Rupture from Wave Pattern in a Seismogram), Available from VINITI, Moscow, 1984, no. 3440-84.Google Scholar
- Gorbunova, I.V., Boichuk, A.N., Dotsev N.T., Kal’met’eva, Z.A., Kapitanova, T.A., Kuchai, O.A., Mikhailova, N.N., Pustovitenko, B.G., Simbirtseva, I.G., and Tovmasyan, A.K., Interpretatsiya ochagovykh voln na zapisyakh zemletryasenii (Interpretation of Source Waves in Earthquake Records), Bishkek: Nauka, 1992.Google Scholar
- Gorbunova, I.V. and Shatornaya, N.V., On the accuracy of determination of the hypocenter location and extent of the source of a strong earthquake (case study of the Dagestan earthquake of May 14, 1970), Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Fiz. Zemli, 1977, no. 2, pp. 18–31.Google Scholar
- IRIS, Service Access Controller. http://www.iris.edu/software/ sac. Accessed September 1, 2017.Google Scholar
- Shatornaya, N.V., Strong quakes of the earth, in Zemletryaseniya v Severnoi Evrazii v 1999 godu (Earthquakes in Northern Eurasia in 1999), Obninsk: Geofiz. Sluzhba Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2005, pp. 218–231.Google Scholar