Sierpinski Carpet Patterned Rectangular Dielectric Resonator Antenna for X-Band Application Using Teflon
- 15 Downloads
This paper presents a wideband Sierpinski carpet fractal patterned rectangular Dielectric Resonator Antenna (DRA) operating in the X-band, which is characterized by dielectric waveguide model method (DWM). In order to decrease the cost of theDRAthe low-cost teflon is used as the material. Aprototype is realized to validate the results of the simulation. The paper provides a comparison between conventional rectangular DRA and fractal shaped rectangular DRAs of the first and the second iterations. The antenna design methodology is discussed along with its resonance and radiation characteristics. The validity of the obtained results is proved by the close match of the experimental and simulation results. The measurements on prototype show impedance bandwidth of 48% covering the entire X-band with similar radiation pattern throughout the band with a gain of 7.5 dBi over 9.0–11.5 GHz.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.K. M. Luk, K. W. Leung, (eds.). Dielectric Resonator Antennas (Research Studies Press Ltd., England, 2002).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Kishk, “Tetrahedron and triangular dielectric resonator antenna with wideband performance,” Proc. of IEEE AP–S Int. Symp., 16–21 June 2002, San Antonio, USA (IEEE, 2002), Vol. 4, pp. 462–465. DOI: 10.1109/ APS.2002.1017021.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Lapierre, Y. M. M. Antar, A. Ittipiboon, A. Petosa, “A wideband monopole antenna using dielectric resonator loading,” IEEE Antennas Propagation Society Int. Symp. Dig., 22–27 June 2003, Columbus, USA (IEEE, 2003), Vol. 3, pp. 16–19. DOI: 10.1109/APS.2003.1219778.Google Scholar
- 17.Dipali Soren, Rowdra Ghatak, R. K. Mishra, D. R. Poddar, “Sierpinski carpet fractal pattern embedded multisegment rectangular dielectric resonator antenna for Wi–MAX and WLAN application,” Proc. of Int. Symp. on Microwaves and Millimeterwaves: Basics and Technology, ISoMM 09, 14–16 Jan. 2009, Kolkata, India (2009).Google Scholar
- 18.D. P. Karmakar, Dipali Soren, Rowdra Ghatak, Dipak R. Poddar, Rabindra K. Mishra, “A wideband Sierpinski carpet fractal cylindrical dielectric resonator antenna for X–band application,” Proc. of IEEE Applied Electromagnetics Conf., 14–16 Dec. 2009, Kolkata, India (IEEE, 2009). DOI: 10.1109/AEMC.2009.5430713.Google Scholar