Improved ant colony optimization algorithm based on RNA computing
RNA computing is a new intelligent optimization algorithm, which combines computer science and molecular biology. Aiming at the weakness of slow convergence rate and poor global search ability in the basic ant colony optimization algorithm due to the unreasonable selection of parameters, this paper utilizes the combination of RNA computing and basic ant colony optimization algorithm to overcome the defects. An improved ant colony optimization algorithm based on RNA computing is proposed. In the iterative process of ant colony optimization algorithm, transformation operation, recombination operation and permutation operation in RNA computing are introduced to optimize the initial parameters including importance factor of pheromone trail α, importance factor of heuristic function β and pheromone evaporation rate ρ to improve the convergence efficiency and global search ability. The performance of the algorithm is evaluated on five instances of the library of traveling salesman problems (TSPLIB) and six typical test functions. The experimental results demonstrate that the proposed RNA-ant colony optimization algorithm is superior than basic ant colony optimization algorithm in optimization ability, reliability, convergence efficiency, stability and robustness.
KeywordsAnt colony optimization algorithm RNA computing RNA-ACO parameters optimization traveling salesman problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dorigo, M., Optimization, Learning and Natural Algorithms, PhD Thesis, Dipartimentodi Elettronica, Politecnico di Milano, 1992.Google Scholar
- 4.Cui, J. and Huang, S.R., Adaptive parameter control ant colony algorithm based on differential evolution, Comput. Eng., 2011, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 190–192.Google Scholar
- 5.Li, S.W., Wang, J.Q., and Zeng, J.W., Model of ant colony algorithm parameters optimization based on genetic algorithm, Comput. Eng. Des., 2011, vol. 32, no. 10, pp. 3490–3493.Google Scholar
- 9.Lin, C., Li, A.G., and Liu, Q.S., Genetic fuzzy c-means algorithm adding in computing of RNA, Comput. Eng. Appl., 2009, vol. 45, no. 24, pp. 50–52.Google Scholar
- 12.Wu, H.F., Chen, X.Q., Mao, Q.H., et al., Improved ant colony algorithm based on natural selection strategy for solving TSP problem, J. Commun., 2013, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 165–170.Google Scholar
- 13.Fei, T., Zhang, L.Y., and Sun, Y.S., Solution of vehicle routing optimization problem based on DNA-ant colony algorithm, Comput. Eng., 2014, vol. 40, no. 12, pp. 205–208.Google Scholar
- 14.Wang, K.T., Research on RNA genetic algorithms and applications, PhD Thesis, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, 2011.Google Scholar
- 17.Li, S.C., Xu, J., and Pan, L.Q., Operational rules for digital coding of RNA sequences based on DNA computing in high dimensional space, Bull. Sci. Technol., 2003, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 461–465.Google Scholar
- 18.Chen, B.W., Application of ant colony optimization in vehicle routing problems, PhD Thesis, Harbin: Harbin Institute of Technology, 2009.Google Scholar
- 19.TSLIB. http://comopt.ifi.uni-heidelberg.de/software/TSPLIB95/.Google Scholar
- 20.Fei, T., Zhang, L.Y., Bai, Y., et al., Improved artificial fish swarm algorithm based on DNA, J. Tianjin Univ. (Sci. Technol.), 2016, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 581–588.Google Scholar
- 21.Ma, W. and Zhu, Q.B., Fast continuous ant colony optimization algorithm for solving function optimization problems, Chin. J. Electron., 2008, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 2120–2124.Google Scholar