Prediction of soil adsorption coefficient based on deep recursive neural network
- 22 Downloads
It is expensive and time consuming to measure soil adsorption coefficient (logKoc) of compounds using traditional methods, and some existing models show lower accuracies. To solve these problems, a deep learning (DL) method based on undirected graph recursive neural network (UG-RNN) is proposed in this paper. Firstly, the structures of molecules are represented by directed acyclic graphs (DAG) using RNN model; after that when a number of such neural networks are bundled together, they form a multi-level and weight sharing deep neural network to extract the features of molecules; Third, logKoc values of compounds have been predicted using back-propagation neural network. The experimental results show that the UG-RNN model achieves a better prediction effect than some shallow models. After five-fold cross validation, the root mean square error (RMSE) value is 0.46, the average absolute error (AAE) value is 0.35, and the square correlation coefficient (R2) value is 0.86.
Keywordsdeep learning recursive neural network logKoc Pearson correlation coefficient molecular descriptors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.OECD, Guideline for the testing of chemicals: Estimation of the adsorption coefficient (Koc) on soil and on sewage sludge using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), OECD Guidel. Test. Chem., 2000, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1–11.Google Scholar
- 15.Kier, L.B. and Hall, L.H., Molecular Connectivity in Structure Activity Analysis, Chichester: Research Studies Press, 1986.Google Scholar
- 22.Jiao, L. and Li, H., QSPR study on sediment sorption coefficient of thirty polychlorinated organic compounds, Comput. Appl. Chem., 2012, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 409–412.Google Scholar
- 23.Liu, X., Wen Yang, and Zhao Yuan-Hui, Predictive model for soil sorption of organic pollutants and influencing factors, Environ. Chem., 2013, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 1199–1204.Google Scholar
- 27.Jesse, E. and Cheng Jianlin, DNdisorder: Predicting protein disorder using boosting and deep networks, Bioinformatics, 2013, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 1–10.Google Scholar
- 30.Chen, Q., Research on the Structure Design Method and Application in Modeling of Fermentation Processes, Northeast University of Science and Technology, 2014.Google Scholar