Quasiperiodic Variations of Solar Activity and Cosmic Rays
Quasiperiodic variations of various manifestations of solar activity, parameters of the interplanetary medium, and the flux of galactic cosmic rays (GCRs) are studied using the data of stratospheric sounding and measurements with neutron monitors. Groups of spectral components with periods of ~2, 1.3, and ~1 year are identified in the range of periods shorter than 5 years. Particular attention is paid to quasi-2-year GCR variations that are induced by similar variations of the mean magnetic field of the Sun and are integral to the processes of solar activity.
Keywordsquasiperiodic variations solar activity galactic cosmic rays interplanetary magnetic field mean magnetic field of the Sun frequency spectrum mathematical selective filter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. A. Chumbalova, V. I. Erkhov, E. V. Kolomeets, et al., in Proc. 16th Int. Cosmic Ray Conf., Kyoto, Japan, 1979, Vol. 3, p.348.Google Scholar
- 2.T. N. Charakhchyan, V. P. Okhlopkov, and L. S. Okhlopkova, in Proc. 6th European Cosmic Ray Symp., Kiel, Germany, 1978, p.44.Google Scholar
- 4.B. Mitra and S. R. Ganguly, in Proc. 20th Int. Cosmic Ray Conf., Moscow, Russia, 1987, Vol. 3, p.341.Google Scholar
- 5.V. P. Okhlopkov, in Proc. 22nd Int. Cosmic Ray Conf., Dublin, Ireland, 1991, Vol. 3, p.431.Google Scholar
- 16.V. A. Kotov, M. L. Demidov, V. I. Khaneichuk, V. M. Grigor’ev, and T. T. Tsap, Izv. Krym. Astrofiz. Obs. 94, 118 (1998).Google Scholar
- 17.Y. I. Stozhkov, N. S. Svirzhevsky, G. A. Bazilevskaya, et al., Preprint No. 14 (Lebedev Physical Inst., Moscow, 2007).Google Scholar
- 23.V. P. Okhlopkov, in Cosmic-Ray Variations and Space Research (Nauka, Moscow, 1986), p.250.Google Scholar